Welcome to Department of Library Management
Vivekanand Shikshan Sanstha was established in 1946 by a great visionary Late Pandharinath Patil alias “Bhau” with a definite dream of Uplifting the rural and educationally backward class of the region. It has caused to initiate and establish educational movement in entire region. Vivekanand College was established in 1971 by Mr. Kalyanrao Patil, Ex Minister of Maharashtra State and is affiliated to Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
Since the inception of College it is catering to the needs of educationally, Socially, Economically & backward class having rural background more over present management of College is motivated by thoughts of Swami Vivekanand, hence the name of College is given after him. Library is being run in a well furnished and well facilitated area. Library is rich with study books. Reference book, periodicals, journals & On-line Journals also. Library is automated by using SOUL SOFTWARE 2.0.
- User Award : “ Vivekanand Utkrushta Vachak Puruskaar” & “Vivekanand Granthmitra Puraskaar.
- Vivekanand User Association is formed
- Internet surfing is free for all users
- Membership of N-LIST, DELNET Consortium
- E-books & E-journals are also available.
- Library had made the user’s satisfaction report by conducting survey.
- Library is fully automated by using software : SOUL2.0
- Suggestion box for the library is placed at Library Campus.
- Library developed bibliographic compilations on different subject & title of
- Newspaper clipping service of book reviews.
- Book-Bank facility available for students.
- Open access system is available for all users in resource centre.
- To disseminate information to general public, particularly college students, to inculcate interest in higher Education among them.
- To collect and disseminate information on arts, commerce & science faculties.
- Support academic activities of in house academics and outside sources for the development of learning material.